Course Registration and Cancellation
Registration policies and guidelines
- To register for any CANSI course you need to have a CANSI website account and a username that uniquely identifies you within the organization.
- Note: You should already have a CANSI account if you are a CANSI member or you registered and participated in a CANSI course since 1996. If you forgot your username, you can always find it in your CANSI membership receipt or by simply contacting the National office.
- If you are new to CANSI, you will be prompted to create a user account from the login page. Follow these basic rules to create your account:
- choose a memorable username (e.g. for John Smith choose "jsmith"),
- choose a safe password (preferably a 2 word phrase with numerals), and
- fill out basic information needed for CANSI to contact you easily.
- Be a current CANSI member.
- Have the appropriate prerequisite certification from CANSI and possibly from other ski organization.
Note: If your membership is not current, you will need to pay the appropriate membership fee before you can register for the course.
Note: If you do not have the needed prerequisite and feel you can easily satisfy the course requirements, you may request special exception and challenge these prerequisites - as described in this frequently asked question.
- online credit card payment (a preferred choice, to reduce administrative costs),
- calling the CANSI National office and giving your card number over the phone, or
- mailing a cheque or money order to the CANSI National office at least a week before the course starts.
- CANSI's on-line payments are processed by PayPal, a very secure and commonly used online payment provider.
- You do not need to have a PayPal user account in order to pay online with a credit card. But if you do, it will avoid you entering your card number and associated data - that must match exactly the information kept by your credit card provider - every time you register.
- On occasion your online credit card maybe denied if the associated personal data is not correct or PayPal suspects your card has been compromised. For more information about PayPal service, see this news article.
- If you do not see a CANSI course listed on the website that you wish to attend, please contact your region. Additional courses may be added depending on demand and available course leaders.
- Register early (at least 2 weeks before the start of a course) since:
- CANSI courses may be cancelled due to insufficient number of registrants, and
- you may end up paying more for courses that have early bird discounts.
Cancellation policies and guidelines
These policies are set by the region where the course is scheduled. For details, select below the region where the course is being offered. (Note: Currently, only the regions marked with * have their policies listed here.)